This National Highways six-year framework enables the delivery of renewals across a range of activities, including substantial civils work on barriers and drainage, traffic management activities and design services for a range of projects. It involves £3.6 billion worth of renewals to keep England’s motorways and major A roads running safely and smoothly.
WeBid supported our client to create a comprehensive Tender Commitment Register covering:
- Organisation and resources
- Project Delivery
- Collaborative working practices
- Health and Safety
- Commercial certainty
- Customer and Stakeholder Management
Health, Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) was inherent throughout the procurement process to deliver Zero Harm. WeBid’s in-house HSW qualified specialist, Jo Bull supported with the content of these commitments. Jo worked collaboratively with our client, to develop commitments which included additional HSW training above framework requirements with an emphasis on mental health well-being, site safety, fatigue management and virtual platforms for HSW reviews and meetings. This aligned to SDF’s ‘Home Safe’ objective.
To fulfil National Highways’ decarbonisation, sustainability, and environmental ambitions across its renewals programme, we took our client through an exercise of reviewing all their relevant policies to ensure they met these standards. Through this we were able to create a high-quality, comprehensive submission that successfully secured our client a place on this framework.
- SME’s operating side by side with larger companies
- Flexible, virtual working approach
- Support from in-house experts for key focus areas, Jo bull (HSW) and James Allan (Environmental)
- Framework with multiple Lots
- Largest and most comprehensive renewals programme National Highways had ever embarked on
Lots of values between £1m and £144m
September 2021 - November 2021
SME's operating in parallel with Tier One's
In-house safety and environmental writing expertise